Serifos Greece Map & Serifos Travel Information, Sightseeing, Museums, Ferries to Serifos Greece
| GENERAL SERIFOS GREECE TRAVEL INFORMATION:
Serifos is a very picturesque and scenic island, ideal for relaxing vacations. The beautiful coasts and the azure waters, the charming gulfs, the running waters and the lush areas are just some of the characteristics of this stunning island. Serifos is located in the northwestern part of the Cyclades cluster and it is situated between the islands of Kythnos and Sifnos, in the heart of the Aegean Sea. The island is full of sandy beaches and scenic gulfs giving visitors the opportunity to spend great sun-kissed holidays. The island of Serifos is a beautiful holiday getaway, ideal for serene and peaceful vacations. During the summer months, the island attracts many visitors without becoming a crowded holiday hot spot.
Serifos Island Greece Area / Population / Capital:
The island of Serifos Greece is 75 sq. km in area, it has 1,100 inhabitants and its capital is Serifos Town or Chora.
Attractions & Sightseeing in Serifos Greece
Sightseeing in Serifos Greece:
During your stay on Serifos Island you might want to visit:
- The relics of the Venetian Castle, the Town Hall, the renovated windmills, and the churches in Serifos Town
- The Castle of Gria and the relics of the Hellenistic Tower in Koutalas
- The scenic churches of Agios Sostis and Agios Ioannis in Livadi
- The Church of Agios Nikolaos and the churches of Agia Triada, Agios Ioannis Prodromos in Megalo Livadi
- The churches of Panagia, Agios Stefanos and Panagia Skopiani, as well as the villages of Pirgos and Kentarhos in Panagia
Museums in Serifos Greece:
While you are in Serifos you can visit the Archaeological Collection and the Folklore Museum in Serifos Town.
Natural Sites in Serifos Greece:
The Koutalas Cave in Koutalas is a site of unique natural beauty.
Sports / Recreation in Serifos Greece
If you have a boat you can dock and refuel it in Livadi Port.
Entertainment in Serifos Greece
At the island of Serifos you will find plenty of traditional taverns that serve local delicacies. You can also find many cafeterias and bars, especially in Livadi.
Local Events in Serifos Greece:
- The festivals of the island of Serifos take place mostly during winter season.
- The festival of Panagia on August 15 in Panagia, attracts most locals and visitors to the beautiful settlement in summertime.
Local Products in Serifos Greece:
On the island of Serifos you can buy delicious honey, wine, locally produced capers and almond sweets.
Major Towns / Cities / Villages in Serifos Greece
Serifos Town or Chora, Serifos Greece
Serifos Town is built on a hill. The traditional whitewashed houses climb the hill from the port and reach the capital town. Picturesque windmills, narrow stone paved and lime stone alleys, the dominating castle and the magnificent view are just a few features of the popular resort of Serifos Town.
Livadi, Serifos Greece
The traditional settlement of Livadi is the scenic port of Serifos, with cubicle white houses and traditional charm. It is a well loved destination for visitors as it provides a lovely beach and great facilities, including accommodation, and a wide array of beachfront tavernas, bars and cafΓ©s.
Panagia, Serifos Greece
Panagia is an inland village built on the slope of a hill. The breathtaking panoramic views offered from Panagia are absolutely breathtaking.
Koutalas, Serifos Greece
Koutalas is a beautiful coastal settlement with few inhabitants, ideal for secluded and quiet vacations. The wonderful beaches of the settlement are a significant attraction.
Transportation in Serifos Greece
From Piraeus Port, ferry boats depart for Serifos Port all year round, but more frequently during the summer. The voyage from Piraeus Port to Serifos Port takes 4 hours.
Useful Telephone Numbers for Serifos Greece:
- Serifos Police Department: +30 22810 51300
- Serifos Town Hall: +30 22810 51210
- Fuel in Livadi: +30 22810 51512
- Piraeus Port: +30 210 4226000 to 03
- Serifos Port: +30 22810 51470